Sunday, August 19, 2012

Farewell

Friday was the Academic Conference at the National Science Council building. It was boring sitting through so many presentations, but it was nice spending time with TTT-ers. My session ended early, so I joined my friends at the humanities presentation after. Those were so much more interesting and laid back than the engineering ones, but I was still with my friends on the side of the room, just taking photos, chatting, and hanging out.  At night, a bunch of the interns, and some counselors, went to Luxy and all partied together. It was nice seeing everyone together on one of the last nights we'll spend together in Taiwan.

Saturday night was the Awards Night Banquet, also the final time all the interns will be together. The dinner wasn't that great, the performances were okay, the award offerings were boring, but spending time with everyone I met during orientation and during the internship period was great. I felt like throughout the entire night, we all avoided thinking about how it's the final time we'll be together, and just tried to enjoy our time together. It wasn't until the very end, when everyone got up and started taking photos with everyone else, that the thought of not seeing each other again for a long time hit us. I'm definitely gonna miss a lot of the interns I met this summer. From now until the next time we meet again, we will just have to resort to Facebook to stay in touch and reminisce about the times we spent together. Thankfully we all took so many photos this summer and have the TTT DVD to look back on. I believe some day, we will have a reunion again, either back in Taiwan, or elsewhere in the world.

In three more hours I will be on my way to Taoyuan Airport to catch my flight at 8am. I can't believe it's already time to leave Taiwan, and that I've been here for two full months. It feels like orientation was just last week, and that I've only met all these people not too long ago. Today I met up with the handful of TTT-ers who are still in Taiwan, and we hung out at 士林夜市 soaking up our last time seeing each other. We will all be flying to different places, China, the U.S., England, and who knows when is the next time we'll all be together again. It was sad hugging everyone, saying farewells, but I don't believe this is the last time we will all be seeing each other. At least now I know that there's a possibility of having a friend back in Taiwan the next time I come back. So glad I made friends with these wonderful people this summer.


The so-called 'bro' group. Love you guys. 


My ghetto cardboard box. At least it'll be easy to recognize. 

No comments:

Post a Comment