Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pavilion of Dreams

I went to the Flower Expo (花博公園) today with seven other people. Specifically, we went to the Pavilion of Dreams (夢想管). The exhibition was near Yuan Shan, and it's part of a large expo with multiple smaller exhibitions. When we first entered, each of us received a "watch" that we can scan at different locations and do interactive activities. First, we scanned our watch at this machine and picked one wish out of five choices: health, education, spiritual, emotion, and career. I chose health, and got to see the flower that resembles me and what I picked. The whole exhibit was pretty dimly lit, and there were a lot of creative stations playing around with lights and shadows. We also entered this 360-degree theater and it showed a film that took us on a journey across the mountains, fields, and finally back to Taipei. I thought the 360-degree view was really cool; everywhere I turned I saw something new. At the end, we got a certificate with our flower on it, one different from the flower at the beginning of the exhibition. It has some Chinese words of wisdom on it, but I've still yet to decipher the Chinese meaning.

After the exhibit, most of us parted ways, and I went to 鼎泰豐 with three other people. I thought it was just alright, but I guess it's a must to try it in Taiwan. 


One of the exhibitions in the Pavilion of Dreams.


Bryan, Amy, Tiffany and I all had different color watches.


My flower resembling health.


Really cool light exhibit.


Group photo outside the Pavilion of Dreams.


鼎泰豐 - 忠孝店.


Waiting to be seated.



小籠包.

No comments:

Post a Comment