Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Beginning

After hours spent chilling with the handful of people still left on campus and bittersweet goodbyes, I am finally back home in New York City. Just like that, sophomore year is over and I am halfway done with my college career. It does not feel like I have been at Cornell and have known the new friends that I made for two years already. With just two more years of college remaining, and one more summer before I enter the "real" world, I want to take advantage of every travel opportunity I can. I am very excited to visit San Francisco, CA and then researching at National Taiwan Ocean University where I can fully explore both of these cities. Traveling has always been something I look forward to because of the rewarding experience and new insights I gain.

Since I will be traveling to cities I have never been to before, I want to fully document my journey through my Nikon D40 lenses. Starting from when I am still in New York City, I will try to bring my D40 with me everywhere and capture any memorable sights I encounter. Furthermore, I will challenge myself with several photography projects this summer. Under the header of this blog, I have links to the photography projects I am working on. Here's a list of projects I have so far:
  • Color Theme - purple or yellow
  • Objects - things in pairs, breakable objects, time, solitude, peace/tranquility
  • 50 50 Challenge - 50 photos with a fixed 50 mm lens
  • A-Z - photos of objects/scenes/actions that resemble each letter of the alphabet
  • Strangers - ask strangers to strike a pose and make a collage with the photos
  • Natural Frames - photos with natural frames
  • Negative Space - photos with negative space

I will update this blog with written entries and photographs of my journey.

Let the adventures begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment