Friday, June 22, 2012

Taiwan At Last

I landed in Taipei yesterday morning. My flight from San Francisco went very well and I met a few people on the plane. While waiting on line to board, a few of us got bored and started talking a little. The guy behind me was going to Singapore to visit his father-in-law and transferring at Taiwan. The girl in front of me was my age, going to Vietnam to visit family. I chatted with the girl in front of me and we talked about college, majors, summer plans, etc... It was like meeting someone for the first time in college. On the plane, I got an aisle seat by the emergency exit. I talked to the Taiwanese dad next to me about the typhoon hitting Taiwan, and our conversation turned into talking about what I'm studying, college, plans after graduation and why I'm in Taiwan. His son is a year younger than I am at Brown. The dad was a pretty cool guy and we talked up till the take off, and then each watched our own movies.

Yesterday, I met up with Kelvin at Taipei Train Station and we hung out around the area, looking at small stores and in shopping malls. We then took the bus to another less high-end mall and then walked to Rao He Night Market. Because it was rainy and right after the typhoon, so many stores did not open and the night market was pretty empty. We still got to eat typical night market food and shopped around the stores along the street.

I got two more days until my orientation begins on Sunday. Tonight some relatives are coming over for dinner, and tomorrow I'm eating lunch with my uncles at this supposedly really good restaurant.


Rao He Night Market.


่ฆไป็…Ž. Kind of like omelette with shrimps?


Delicious mango Taiwanese ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment