Sunday, July 22, 2012

和平島

Last time I went to 和平島 with my uncle, my Nikon ran out of battery after a few shots. This time around, my camera was fully charged and the island wasn't as hot. Went there on my way back to NTOU from Taipei with Jennifer and Tammy. The rock formations there were very cool, shaped by the waves constantly crashing into them. The flat rocks where we walked on had very orderly perpendicular cracks through them - like a tofu. 和平島 offered very unique landscape scenes to photograph, with the yellow rocks, rocks by the sea, waves, mountains and clouds in the sky. Today's weather was also very unpredictable. It was sunny for the whole day, but there were periodic drizzles. The dark clouds were further away, but the wind was so strong that it brought the rain over to the sunny areas. I was also able to capture the sunset and the reflection off the water. One of the downside of 和平島 was the sea cockroaches crawling on the rocks. Nasty.


Shoreline with Keelung Island in the background. 


Felt great dipping my feet in the water. 


One of the many rainbows I saw today. 


Beautiful. 


Lots of people doing different activities on the island. 


Tofu-shaped rocks.


Caught the sunset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment