Tuesday, July 31, 2012

虎山

Monday after work, after everyone bailed on us, a friend and I hiked up 虎山 in the pre-typhoon weather. Despite the dark clouds and occasional rains, we still went up to see the view of Taipei and the 101 building. It took about 30 minutes to hike midway to a scenic overlook, and maybe another 20 minutes up to the 9-5 peak, the tallest in the area. We only hiked midway because it was getting dark and we wouldn't be able to make it back down before the sun sets. The overlook was called 復興園, and it had an unobstructed view of 101. In the distant, we saw rain clouds moving across the city and covering up the faded sunset. As we were packing up, it started pouring, and the two of us only had my tiny umbrella barely enough for one person. We want to hike up to 9-5 peak some other day when the weather is nicer and get a better view of Taipei. One thing I love about Taiwan is that although I live in a major city like Taipei, it is so convenient and close for me to take a hike or do something outdoorsy. 

I really wish I met the new friends I made this weekend earlier in the program. The past few days have been much more exciting than the first four weeks of my internship. I only have three more weeks left here in Taiwan, so I gotta make the most out of it. 


Dark rain clouds hovering across Taipei.

No comments:

Post a Comment